+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keyboard Lights

Super Moderator

Exclamation Keyboard Lights

I'm sure many of you have noticed that more than just the power button has a little spot for a small led light.. If you haven't then take a look at the shift and mute buttons on your Cr's keyboard..

Now to get to the point.. There has been some debate whether those were put there for a reason or if they were just spare parts, and whether or not they are even wired to light up.. Well I have some answers for you..

-Power off your Cr-48
    -Remove the battery
    -Flip the Cr-48 so you have the screen open and can see all those keys with light spots
    -Now insert the battery
    -BAM!!
    -Ok its not that amazing, but it proves that those lights are wired and that most likely they were put there for a reason..

Now you can take what you want from this, did they put those there on purpose or not is your opinion, but after seeing them all light up, it proves they are wired and set up to light up, so I am convinced that although their not in use now I'm sure Google put them their so they can use them at some point, just like how Google put in a Bluetooth driver, even though right now it doesn't function it is there, and I don't think Google is a company to through in a Bluetooth driver just for fun.. So I'm sure at some point they will be in use..

Super Moderator
    **Please search before asking questions***
    Why wait for CR48..? Try Chrome OS Now.

Keyboard lights would be nice...

A bigger down-facing keyboard illuminating LED up on top of the screen bezel like the IBM/Lenovo laptops have would be even better. When it is dark out and you can't see what you are doing on a Lenovo all you need to do is hit Fn-PgDn (top-right and lower-left corners of the keyboard so super-easy to find) and the keyboard light toggles.

IMHO, this is one of the slickest keyboard lights on the market, hands down (pardon the pun.)

I agree that a backlit keyboard or a keyboard light of some sort is necessary. My HP has a pop out light that basically jsut redirects some of the screens back lighting down on to the keyboard. I use this all the time. perhaps also if the CR-48 was not black it may be better to use in the dark as well....

Super Moderator
    I don't see the point of a Shift key LED (strange that it's only on the left hand side key) but I can see the reasoning behind the Mute key light (Volume is muted - light goes on)... Thanks for pointing those out woodyman, I didn't notice them until you did.

Ads