+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No itunes?? Seriously??

I am a student and recently bought the samsung chrome netbook because it was supposed to be modern, easy and the future of computing. So far it is a disaster, no itunes for a start. I have an iphone, how am I supposed to use it properly without itunes? Secondly, there is no proper microsoft word. I received an email with a microsoft word attachment that I couldn't even open. Now I am no computer expert so if someone knows how to go about fixing all this please please let me know. Otherwise this has been the biggest waste of money ever.

itunes: Yes, there s no itunes, because it would need an installation. But theres i. e. google music.

word-document: works fine at my chromebook, opens in google docs where you can store it as word-document or convert it into a google document.

But google music is useless to me, I need itunes for my phone. Does this mean there is no prospect of ever even getting itunes?

Using google documents means I need to download the document from my hotmail into the computer then upload it into google docs?? That is possibly the most round about way of opening a document. Does this also mean I could not put microsoft word on my netbook to fix this?

You cant install Microsoft Word, never ever. I use Gmail and I can save Word- or other documents into Google Docs right away without saving them to my chromebook.

Google music also works with your phone and the best thing is, you got your whole music library with you without using a 16862 GB SD.

Super Moderator
    Don't blame Chrome for tying your iPhone to iTunes!

The wrong choice?

The whole point of the Chromebook is it connects to the web. That's what all the advertising and product description talks about, so you certainly haven't been misled in any way. If you want desktop applications, as opposed to cloud applications, then you want a PC, Mac, or tablet.

Dave

You should really do a bit of research before you buy things. You'll be able to satisfy your needs and be a lot less disappointed when things of this nature arise.

Quote Originally Posted by kthenry View Post
    I am a student and recently bought the samsung chrome netbook because it was supposed to be modern, easy and the future of computing. So far it is a disaster!
    A student... studies! best BEFORE you buy a product

According to the book "The Search" the author John Battelle asked a Google executive why Google is not aggressive in providing a music service. The answer was...Sergey (Brin) "Doesent listen to much music"

No iTunes, Seriously. Until Apple writes a Web App for it, it won't run on a Chromebook. With all the new iCloud services Apple is rolling out, iTunes may not be necessary, anymore, for your iPhone.

Ads