+ Reply to Thread

Trouble with Wifi

Access Point: Apple Airport Extreme, channel 10, 802.11n (2.4GHz) only, WPA2
    Chromebook (Samsung, just arrived yesterday!)

Everything was working great for the whole morning, until I disconnected A/C adapter in the afternoon; Wifi was disconnected and would not re-connect no matter what. Until I reconnected the A/C adapter again and it would reconnect after a few attempts.
    I tried 802.11 b/g/n compatible mode, but no change (still would not connect);
    then I changed the password to a simpler one, and it's working so far; (back to 802.11n);

Does anybody else has problem with Wifi?

Yes! I have this exact problem. I received my Chromebook (ARM) yesterday. So excited. Everything was working great until I unplugged the power. Wifi in/Wifi out/Wifi in/Wifi Out. Plug power in and everything works great! This occurs when I sit next to my Linksys router. All MAC and Windows hardware stays connected no problem. Go to Starbucks...same problem. I think this is a design problem. They under power the WiFi card to get more battery life. Mine is going back to Amazon tomorrow. The Chromebook experiment failed. Unfortunately, I am now stressed by drying to delete my account before returning this piece of ..... All the web help says click on the X in the top right corner of the login picture...there is no X. Web says flip switch on back of chrome book to go into developer mode...there is no switch. I'm sorry I got so excited about having a good travel notebook and my data in the cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by ljcull View Post
    Yes! I have this exact problem. I received my Chromebook (ARM) yesterday. So excited. Everything was working great until I unplugged the power. Wifi in/Wifi out/Wifi in/Wifi Out. Plug power in and everything works great! This occurs when I sit next to my Linksys router. All MAC and Windows hardware stays connected no problem. Go to Starbucks...same problem. I think this is a design problem. They under power the WiFi card to get more battery life. Mine is going back to Amazon tomorrow. The Chromebook experiment failed. Unfortunately, I am now stressed by drying to delete my account before returning this piece of ..... All the web help says click on the X in the top right corner of the login picture...there is no X. Web says flip switch on back of chrome book to go into developer mode...there is no switch. I'm sorry I got so excited about having a good travel notebook and my data in the cloud.
    The way you clear your chromebook of all your info is to flip the developers switch on the right side of the chromebook. there is an open slot that has a tiny switch in it and once you flip the switch just turn on the chromebook and a blue computer guy will pop up on your screen. as soon as he pops up press CTRL+D and it will start your wiping clean.

Ads