+ Reply to Thread

Anyone else S-L-O-W?

I have a 24 mbps internet connection, and compared to a regular Windows based laptop, my Series 5 really lags when loading pages and videos. Lagging at about 50%+ slower than my laptop. I thought the advantages with a Chromebook were security and speed?

I get 20-24 mbps on a speedtest and have switched to a wired ethernet connection so it's not an issue with my internet connection or speed there, it's the rendering on the Chromebook.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

I have a 32 mbps internet connection and the speed is quite well. No difference to my laptop.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCat2000 View Post
    I have a 24 mbps internet connection, and compared to a regular Windows based laptop, my Series 5 really lags when loading pages and videos. Lagging at about 50%+ slower than my laptop. I thought the advantages with a Chromebook were security and speed?

I get 20-24 mbps on a speedtest and have switched to a wired ethernet connection so it's not an issue with my internet connection or speed there, it's the rendering on the Chromebook.

Thanks!
    How long have you had your Samsung?
    What apps do you have installed?
    What extensions do you have installed? ==You can access the extension page by typing 'about:extensions' in the omnibox.==
    When was the last time it was updated?

Sorry for all the questions, but there might be a way to troubleshoot this one
    No, no... that's ignorant!

Quote Originally Posted by res6jya6 View Post
    How long have you had your Samsung?
    What apps do you have installed?
    What extensions do you have installed? ==You can access the extension page by typing 'about:extensions' in the omnibox.==
    When was the last time it was updated?

Sorry for all the questions, but there might be a way to troubleshoot this one
    I've had it about two weeks.
    I have now just the Gmail, WebStore, and Picasa Apps installed.
    I uninstalled all my extensions and other apps to see if they were slowing it down.
    It was updated when I unboxed it and when I try manually, it says I have the latest update.

I've also tried killing unneeded processes (like Cloud Print) in the task manager to no avail?

Thanks

The culprit might be the Ofline Gmail app.

Thanks!
    I have been having the same problem for the last few days. I looked at the task manager (press shift-escape and wait a while to see it) and Offline Gmail was using about half of the CPU all the time, which doesn't make any sense because no new mail was coming in at the moment. I killed that task and let's see how that speeds up the machine.

It was updated when I unboxed it and when I try manually, it says I have the latest update.
    Is your Chrome usinf the Stable-Channel or Beta/Dev?
    I got my Chromebook second hand with beta-channel activated and sometimes it was very slow.
    So is recovered my Chromebook via the recovery-usb-stick and updated to the last stable release and now the speed is better for me but not perfect.
    Iam hoping for the next updates on the stable-channel because of the feature-list from beta and dev....there a many speed-bugfixes in the pipe

mines pretty slow too, and even slower after the most recent update! WTH has this happened to anyone else??

Ads